August 20, 2013

Recipe: Miso Ginger Kale Chips

 Ok it's been awhile.  I have been busy busy busy back at work after a year of maternity leave.  And we have been on vacation. There have been birthdays.  And weekend visitors.  And in-laws.  And trips out of town.  I have still been cooking yummy goodness, I just haven't had the time to post.  So here's a fantastic recipe to bring it all back, along with an invitation to join me on an adventure as I test the limits of my new dehydrator.  Compelling, I know.

So here's the first: Miso Ginger Kale Chips.  I have made kale chips in the oven many, many times.  Of the several dozen batches I have made in my oven, I have over or undercooked at least half of the batch every single time.  Enter Excalibur Dehydrator.  Yep, they definitely take time. But its not active time.  The dehydrator is the slow cooker of the raw food world.

If you don't have a dehydrator you can do them the old fashioned way in the oven at 325 for 15-20 minutes, picking out the cooked ones as the timer runs out and leaving the leafier ones to continue to toast.  Either way, you'll surely enjoy them.


 Miso Ginger Kale Chips

1 bunch kale, rib removed, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces 
1 tsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 small garlic clove, chopped
1 tsp miso paste
juice from 1/2 lime
1 tbsp Nama Shoyu or Soy Sauce
2 tbsp olive oil

Place kale in large bowl.  Combine the remaining ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.  Drizzle miso ginger sauce over kale and toss to coat. 
Transfer to dehydrator and dehydrate for 12-18h or until crisp. If you don't have a dehydrator, spread on parchment-lined baking sheets in single layer and bake at 325 for 15-20 minutes, removing crispy pieces as they are done.

Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment