January 16, 2013

Fitness: Bar Method. Best. Workout. Ever. Period.


Okay, when I started up this blog it was meant to be about healthiness generally, body, mind and spirit.  But I admit have been hesitant to post about exercise.  I'm not sure exactly why, it just feels weird to talk about what I have been doing on the exercise front.  Maybe no one cares.  But today I decided that I should go out on a limb and talk about my new obsession.  I love love LOVE Bar Method.  I have tried many exercise regimens over the years: I have joined gyms, tried aerobics classes (a piece of my heart will always belong to the Saturday advanced step class at U of T Hart House!), personal training, dance, swimming, spinning, yoga, hot yoga, and all sorts of other things to whip my ass into shape.  Some of my fitness "projects" last a while; some don't.  But something keeps me going back to Bar.  Its been 3 months now (2 months with a one month break and back on track 2 weeks ago to be precise) of going 4 to 5 times per week, and I have never felt stronger.  Ever.  Plus I've lost tons of inches since I started, and have lost all my pregnancy weight plus some.  Yet it sure doesn't get easier.  Bar Method utilizes small, "isometric movements" that target your shoulders, biceps, triceps, thighs, abs and butt.  You are told to go 'till you shake, and when you shake keep on going.  For more info check out their website here.  For fear of sounding too much like an infomercial that's it from me for today.  But do give it a try and let me know what you think. Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. I should say only that its awesome! The blog is informational and always produce amazing things. Yarkin

    ReplyDelete