January 26, 2013

Celebrations: 2nd Birthday Party


It's been almost ten months since my little guy turned two.  We had a lovely little party, as I was 5 months pregnant and life was busy, we weren't up for the big celebration we had for his first birthday.  Here are some pictures from that day.  I had so much fun with the bright colours, and found most of my ideas on pinterest.



The food was simple: rainbow jello cups, PB&J sandwiches cut into flower shapes with a sandwich cutout, rainbow fruit kebabs, cookies with rainbow m&ms, sundried tomato dip, and salads (chickpea, heirloom tomato and greek).



I made the birthday banner with felt pieces bought from Daiso.  I printed large letters on white paper then traced them onto the felt and cut them out and hot glued them to the contrasting triangles.






Our downstairs was set up as a kids play zone with a ball tent, bowling and colouring station, and I made this bright streamer doorway to lead the way.

Here's the cake and cupcakes - the cupcakes are lemon with vanilla icing and rainbow sprinkles.


I made the rainbow layer cake by dividing up vanilla cake batter into five bowls, and adding food colouring to each bowl to make red, orange, yellow, green and blue. I iced them with vanilla icing between the layers and around the cake, and added rainbow sprinkles.


A fun time was had by all at our little party!

Pin It Now!

1 comment:

  1. Aww, what a beautiful party you put together! And I love the rainbow cake - adorable!

    ReplyDelete